16 April, 2009

Tour of Christchurch










At long last, I found myself able to take a tourist day in Christchurch. I met up with Lisa and, less excited about our original intentions of becoming pierced and tattooed, we set out for adventures. We made our way to Cathedral square where we noticed an aquarium that he hadn’t yet been too—incidentally, had I not been stuck in school, I would have had ample time to volunteer there as well, as it is run by the same folks who run Orana. We saw sharks being fed, some cod, a native frog (Hamilton’s?), a kiwi, and some wicked freaky eels.

Next up was a ride on the tram. A 25 minute guided tour around the city with stops at attractions that were closed for the day, or we had already been to. It was good. We learned that Colombo is the longest street in Christchurch AND the capital of Sri Lanka. I don't think that the tram driver loved his job.

Lisa had coupons to canoe on the Avon River, so we thought we'd try that. Unfortunately, the place was closed by the time we got there. So was the Brewery--it was Easter Monday though.

We ended the day at Dux De Lux with a plate of Nachos. It was a lovely afternoon in the sun.

I apologize for the bizzare hodge-podge of pictures at the beginning. Something isn't quite right in my editing and my computer is reading the images as numbers, instead of images. They are still published as images, I just can't see them to arrange them attractively.

No comments:

Post a Comment