25 January, 2009

On Gratitude

I actually wrote this on the 23rd somewhere between Chicago and LA.

As of late, I have come to realize that I truly do operate in a charmed and magical world and I know that I say that a lot when I'm being flip or sassy, but I truly mean it. The universe provides for me to operate pretty much by stumbling my way from one adventure to the next without anything horrible happening to me. I am grateful.

I am surrounded by oodles and scads of supportive people many of whom responded when I said that I was going to New Zealand with "of course you are" and supported me monetarily, helped me through stinky paper work, listened to me complain about what little help International Programs was, and didn't hate me when I crabbed at them out of nerves. My world rocks, and I am grateful.

As I sit and reflect on everyone who has been any sort of influence, not only in getting me out of the country, but in forming who I am so that I want to see the world, I am overwhelmed, and I am grateful.

Thank you everyone, I am glad that you are a part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment